United Credit Union is currently seeking members to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, volunteers play an integral role in the credit union. Volunteering with the Board of Directors is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful organization and to contribute toward United Credit Union’s continued growth and success.
General Duties of Board Directors
The purpose of the Board of Directors is, on behalf of the membership, to ensure that the credit union reaches its objectives and long-term goals in the best interest of the membership. The Board meets once per month to review the progress of the credit union toward its strategic objectives. Volunteers need to be willing and able to devote the time and energy it takes to serve on various committees.
Expectations of a credit union volunteer are:
- Believe in the credit union philosophy
- Have a willingness to learn
- Attend regular monthly Board meetings
- Actively promote the credit union
- Be a team player and act in the best interest of the membership
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United Credit Union member in good standing
- Must have a good credit history and no criminal convictions
- Must pass a background check and qualify for bonding
See volunteer application below for a complete list of eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a volunteer Board of Director position, please fill out the application below and email your completed application to Mario Aguirre, President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for Board Volunteer
Application for Supervisory Committee Volunteer
A United Credit Union representative will contact you with further instructions once your application has been received.