Your money is safe because it is insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) at no cost to you, our member. The NCUSIF provides all members of federally insured credit unions with $250,000 in coverage for their individual accounts. These accounts include regular shares, checking, money market accounts, and share certificates. This share insurance protection is provided by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
United Credit Union has always made SAFETY of our members’ funds our top priority. Security and peace of mind are vital to every member. United Credit Union is PROUD to assure all members that their money is always insured by the best.
Additionally, United Credit Union provides to its members Excess Share Insurance (ESI). In addition to the NCUA Share Insurance your excess Share Savings, Traditional IRA, or ROTH IRA Savings are insured to a maximum of $250,000.00.
Altogether, between NCUA and ESI, a member’s funds are insured up to an aggregate total of $500,000.00.
- Direct Deposit
- Have cash in your account on your payday. It’s convenient, safe, no check holds, no waiting in long lines, save travel time and energy with ultimate privacy. A GREAT FREE SERVICE!
- Payroll Deduction
- Automatic way to save. You can make loan payments, allocate funds to any number of accounts, i.e., Share Savings, Checking, Loans, Savings Incentive Accounts. It’s Your Choice.
- Checking Accounts
- Totally Free Checking
- Earn Dividends
- Monthly Statements
- Make Deposits: In Person, By Mail, Direct Deposit, Payroll Deduction, or Automated Clearing House (ACH)
- Make Withdrawals: In Person, by Check, United Credit Union ATM Card, or MasterCard® Debit Card. (Fees assessed by ATM machine owners are beyond the control of United Credit Union)
- MasterCard® Debit Card
- It’s Fast, convenient and eliminates check writing.
- Use your MasterCard® Debit Card anywhere a MasterCard® is accepted.
- You can also make cash withdrawals at any ATM displaying the MasterCard® Debit Card logo.
- Point of Sale (POS) – Daily maximum of $1,000.00.
- Call 24
- Access your United Credit Union account 24/7 from any Touch-Tone phone 24 hours a day.
- Make account balance inquiries.
- Make withdrawals by check.
- Verify if your checks cleared.
- Obtain Payroll Deduction information.
- Check on Share, Loan, Mortgage, and Dividend rates.
- Privacy is protected with your own personal identification number (PIN).
- Transfer funds between your accounts.
- Request Line of Credit (LOC) advances from available funds.
- Review ATM activity.
- United Credit Union ATM Card is:
- CONVENIENT– thousands of ATMs in the Chicagoland area, and over 1.5 million machines worldwide.
- SAFE– only you know your PIN number.
- FREE– six regular ATM transactions each month.
- FREE– eight (POS) point of sale/debit transactions each month.